In order to comply with the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act, 2010, First Choice Credit Union is required to establish the identity and verify the permanent residential address of all its members. This information must be kept up to date. We have listed below some frequently asked questions from our members.
- Why are we updating Member Records?
First Choice Credit Union is legally required under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 to obtain and hold identification documentation for all its members.
- I have produced ID documents in the past; why am I being asked for them again?
We have reviewed our member records and have determined that we need to obtain a copy of up-to-date identification documentation for you as when you opened the account, the various account opening legislation was not as encompassing.
- What do I do next?
Call in to any of our branches (Castlebar, Ballyhaunis, Achill or Balla) with one piece of documentation for each of the requirements. The documentation must be an original document.
Proof of Identity
- Current Valid Passport
- Current Valid Passport Card
- Current Valid Driving Licence (EU or UK)
- Current EU National Identity Card
Unfortunately we cannot accept the PSC (Public Service Card) as proof of Identification.
Proof of Address
- Utility Bill (e.g. telephone, gas or electricity)
- Mobile Phone Bill
- Bank Account Statement
- Credit Card Statement
- Original Insurance Documents (health, household or motor)
- Revenue Correspondence
- Social Protection Correspondence
- Correspondence from a Government Department
- Valid Driving Licence (if not already used as Proof of Identity)
* Correspondence must be dated within 6 months at the date of presenting it within a branch.
- I do not possess a Passport/Driving Licence. What are my options?
If you have any questions or require further assistance you can contact us on 094 9022969 or call to any branch and talk to our team.
- What happens if I don’t provide documentation?
Unfortunately if you do not provide the required documentation we will be forced to suspend transactions on your account. This means that no lodgements to or withdrawals from the account will be permitted. This includes all transactions including manual, automated or through internet banking. Repayments to loans will be permitted to prevent members from developing arrears and their credit rating being affected.
Our staff will be happy to assist you and your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated. If you require any further clarification or if you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or alternatively you can contact us at 094 9022969.
Thank You for your cooperation.