Switching is Easy
with Current Account from First Choice Credit Union
Need a new Current Account?
Switching is easy with Current Account from First Choice Credit Union.
1. Open your Current Account:
- If you are already registered for online banking, you can open your Current Account online. Joint account members will be required to open a joint Current Account in any of our offices in Achill, Balla, Ballyhaunis, Castlebar or Swinford.
- Provide us with suitable documentation to verify your identity and your current permanent address (such as a passport or driving licence and an up to date utility bill or recent bank statement dated within the last 6 months).
- Sign the relevant application forms and we’ll do the rest.
- We will open your new current account, assist you to set you up with Online Banking, provide you with your current account details and order you a Debit Mastercard.
- Let us know if you require an Overdraft and we’ll process your application speedily. ( Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply).
- Not a member? That’s no hassle, we can organise for you to become a member of the Credit Union at the same time as opening your Current Account.
2. Switch your Current Account to your Credit Union:
Once you’ve opened your Credit Union current account, we will organise the switch for you:
- We will set up all your active standing orders on your new account.
- We will arrange with your ‘old bank’ to contact your Direct Debit originators to advise them of your new Current Account details. Further guidance on switching your Direct Debits will be provided following the application stage.
Our Switcher Pack has all the information you will need. Make sure to pick up a Switcher Pack in any of our branches when you are opening your new Current Account. Alternatively, you can download a Switcher Pack here – Switcher Pack Download.
If you are ready to switch today, you simply complete the Switcher Form below and we will look after everything after that.
We have dedicated Switching Officers and any member of staff will be able to guide you through the process.
Current Account Features & Benefits
✔ Easy to sign up
✔ Same friendly service
✔ Low and transparent fees
✔ Globally accepted Mastercard® Debit Card
✔ Free Contactless payments
✔ Apple pay, Google Pay™, Fitbit Pay™
✔ Secure online shopping
✔ In-store, online or at ATMs
✔ Cash back available
✔ Automate regular payments with Standing Orders & Direct Debits
✔ Overdraft for unexpected expenses
(lending criteria, terms and conditions apply)
With Current Account’s low and transparent fees, we make it straightforward and clear on pricing. All you need pay is €4 per month*.
|Debit Card Point of Sale & Contactless transactions in Euro||✔|
|Direct Debit and Standing Order processing||✔|
|Electronic payments into and out of your account||✔|
|Mobile and internet banking||✔|
|Up to 5 ATM withdrawals per month||✔|
|Monthly Account Maintenance Fee charged quarterly||✔|
Terms and Conditions apply. 5 ATM euro cash withdrawals are included in the €4 monthly fee. Any additional ATM cash withdrawals in the month are charged .50 cent. Other charges apply for things like Government Stamp Duty on your debit card, unpaid items, or if you use an ATM outside the Eurozone. Full details of Fees & Charges available here.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. This card is issued by Transact Payments Malta Limited pursuant to licence by Mastercard International. Transact Payments Malta Limited is duly authorised and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority as a Financial Institution under the Financial Institution Act 1994. Registration number C 91879.