Risk, Compliance, AML Support Officer
Full Time Permanent.
About First Choice Credit Union (FCCU): FCCU is one of the largest Credit Unions in the West of Ireland with assets of over €225m and a total membership of approx. 35,000. FCCU’s main office is based in Castlebar with branches in Achill, Balla, Ballyhaunis and Swinford.
Summary of the Role: The purpose of this position is to support the Credit Union Risk, Compliance and Anti Money Laundering work plans with the objective of assisting the Credit Union in fulfilling its regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will report directly to the Risk Management Officer. The role will be suitable for a candidate who is seeking experience in a wide range of risk and compliance areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Risk Management Officer in completing the Risk Management Programme and monthly tasks.
- Support the Compliance Officer in completing the Compliance Plan and monthly testing.
- Support the Anti Money Laundering work plan and monitoring programme.
- Support Customer Due Diligence (CDD) remediation and review processes.
- Support the Data Protection and GDPR compliance programme.
- Assist in safeguarding the credit union, its members, reputation, assets, and the interests of stakeholders by identifying, assessing, and managing potential threats to the achievement of its business objectives
- Assist in the provision of support, education, and training to officers to build risk awareness within the credit union
- To ensure adequate records are kept and maintained
- Support Risk and Compliance projects as they arise.
The successful candidate should have:
- Level 7 degree or equivalent qualification relevant to role.
- Experience in financial services will be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- ICT literacy and high proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to work off own initiative to deliver agreed targets.
How to apply:
- Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with qualifications & relevant experience.
- The position involves working a 37 hour week, Monday to Friday.
- The role will be based predominantly in the Castlebar Office. Occasional travel may be required to branch offices. Hybrid remote working arrangements will be supported where the employee’s Manager is satisfied that the needs of the Credit Union can continue to be met while working remotely.
Experience in the credit union sector is desirable but not essential. Relevant financial services experience would include working in a compliance or risk management role in a credit union, bank, building society, finance company, insurance company, life assurance / pensions companies, intermediary or other entity regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications & experience.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be completed based on the information provided in the application.
First Choice Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
First Choice Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
First Choice Credit Union’s Data Privacy Statement can be assessed below.