First Choice Credit Union offers a Bureau de Change through FEXCO (Foreign Exchange Company of Ireland). Our aim is to provide a convenient, better value service to members in their foreign currency requirements.
To order currency now, click on the image below.
- We sell foreign notes, and we will buy back, commission free, any unused currencies
- We have over 40 currencies available to order
- Even Better Rates
- No minimum spend
- Payment only on collection
- 0% Commission for Online Orders only
- Most common currencies are readily available on demand e.g. Sterling, US Dollars, and other currencies are available within 2 -3 working days.
First Choice Credit Union is required to collect certain information from members which allows the Credit Union to comply with our obligations under Irish, European and International Legislation in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF).Regardless Of Value of Foreign Exchange Transaction
- Membership Number
- Date of Birth
Foreign Exchange Transaction Equals, Exceeds or Accumulates over €10,000 in a rolling 6 month period:
All of the above plus:
- Proof of Identity: A copy of Passport, Driver’s licence, A National Identity Card, Garda ML10 Identity form*
- Proof of Address: A copy of a Utility Bill, Correspondence from a Regulated Financial Institution, a Government Department or The Revenue Commissioners*
* All items should be dated within the last 3 months.
- Information regarding the source or purpose of the funds i.e.: Car Purchase or Sale, Emigration / Immigration, Gift, Holiday, House Purchase / Sale, Inheritance, Pension Fund or Other.
- Information regarding the beneficial owner of funds if not you. This information will also allow the Credit Union comply with our obligations under Irish, European and international Legislation in relation to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF).