Entries for the 2023 Brendan Hopkins Bursary are CLOSED.
Applications for the 2024 Bursary will open in the Summer of 2024.
First Choice Credit Union are delighted to bring you the Brendan Hopkins Bursary Fund, in memory of former Director Brendan Hopkins, to assist students in their quest for further education. First Choice Credit Union will award FIVE BURSARIES to the value of €1,000 each.
The bursaries are exclusive to First Choice Credit Union members to assist them with their chosen education path, and applications are invited from members who are currently attending or commencing third level undergraduate courses. The draw is not based on academic results which means that all entries have an equal chance of winning.
The Bursary Draw is open to any student who:
- is a member of First Choice Credit Union (“FCCU”) and holds a First Choice Credit Union personal current account and debit card, which is free to students*.
- are pursuing a full-time course of study for one academic year or more in a third level institution recognised by the Central Applications Office (CAO), where full-time equates to 21 or more hours per week for the upcoming academic year.
A full list of terms and conditions is available below. Further information about our Student Current Account can be found here: Student Current Account
How do I apply?
Applications must be made via our online application form. Please note, our 2023 Brendan Hopkins Bursary is now closed.
Entries for the 2023 Brendan Hopkins Bursary is now closed.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant must be a member of First Choice Credit Union (“FCCU”) and must hold a First Choice Credit Union personal current account and debit card.
- Applications will be accepted from students who are pursuing a full-time course of study for one academic year or more in a third level institution recognised by the Central Applications Office (CAO), where full-time equates to 21 or more hours per week for the upcoming academic year.
- One application per student is permitted to be entered in to the draw.
- The winning students will receive their bursary payment in one instalment of €1,000 in October.
- The following members of FCCU are excluded from participation in any draw.
(i) FCCU Staff Members, Volunteers & Directors;
(ii) Members of FCCU Board Oversight Committee;
(iii) any other individual who may be involved in the Internal Draw process.
- The Bursary Draw will be conducted in the month following the closing date.
- Those awarded a Bursary may not enter the draw in subsequent years.
- The Bursary will be lodged to the winning student’s First Choice Credit Union Current Account.
- By applying for the Bursary Draw, the winner agrees and consents to participate in promotional activities such as photo opportunities or videos arranged by FCCU. The winner also agrees and consents to their name and photograph as the winner of the Bursary being used across FCCU’s social media and press media outlets.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of FCCU will be final on all matters relating to this Bursary draw.
- The Board of Directors of FCCU reserves the right to alter any of these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
*Terms and conditions apply.