First Choice Credit Union are delighted to bring you the Brendan Hopkins Bursary Fund, in memory of former Director Brendan Hopkins, to assist students in their quest for further education. First Choice Credit Union will award FIVE BURSARIES to the value of €1,000 each.
The bursaries are exclusive to First Choice Credit Union members to assist them with their chosen education path, and applications are invited from members who are currently attending or commencing third level educational courses. The draw is not based on academic results which means that all entries have an equal chance of winning.
We believe that through education, we are investing in our youth who will go on to lead our community and help make the world a better place.
The Bursary Draw is open to any student who:
- Is a member of First Choice Credit Union and has a First Choice Credit Union personal current account and debit card.
- Is commencing or has already commenced a course in a third level institution – proof of course acceptance will be required.
- Is undertaking a full-time graduate course or post graduate course. This would mean the student would have to be completing a primary degree or a post graduate diploma or masters’ course.
A full list of terms and conditions is available below.
How do I apply?
If you are already a member and meet the criteria required to apply, simply complete the Bursary Draw Application Form below. Alternatively, you can visit any of our offices to collect an application form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
If you are not currently a member, you must have met the draw entry criteria before September 30th 2022. Further information on how to join, and the criteria for joining, can be found here: JOIN, by calling 094 9022 969 or by visiting any FCCU office in Achill, Balla, Ballyhaunis, Castlebar or Swinford.
The closing date for applications is 5.30pm on September 30th 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant must be a member of First Choice Credit Union and hold a First Choice Credit Union personal current account and debit card.
- Applications will be accepted from students who are commencing or have already commenced a course in a third level institution – proof of acceptance will be required.
- The Credit Union will only accept applications for full time graduate courses or post graduate courses. This would mean the student would have to be completing a primary degree or a post graduate diploma or masters’ course.
- Members who draw down a student loan with First Choice Credit Union will be automatically entered in to the draw.
- One application per student is permitted to be entered in to the draw.
- The winning students will receive their bursary payment in one instalment of €1,000 in October.
- The following members of FCCU are excluded from participation in any draw.
(i) FCCU Staff Members, Volunteers & Directors;
(ii) Members of FCCU Board Oversight Committee;
(iii) any other individual who may be involved in the Internal Draw process.
- The Bursary Draw will be overseen by an independent observer.
- Those awarded a Bursary may not enter the draw in subsequent years.
- The Bursary will be lodged in to the winning student’s First Choice Credit Union Current Account.
- In applying for the Bursary Draw, the winner is agreeing to participate in promotional activities such as photo opportunities or videos arranged by First Choice Credit Union. The winner is also agreeing to their name and photograph as the winner of the Bursary being used across First Choice Credit Union’s social media and press media outlets.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of First Choice Credit Union will be final on all matters relating to this Bursary draw.
- The Board of Directors of First Choice Credit Union reserves the right to alter any of these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.