“LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE”
Prior to Christmas we launched our annual National Schools Quiz for 2020. All participating Primary Schools will have received an email with their entry form plus accompanying information.
It is a fantastic event that we run every year and we can’t wait for our biggest quiz to date later this month. The theme for this year’s quiz is “Let the Battle Commence”, which is now in its 29th year and will see around 25,000 schoolchildren participating from across the island of Ireland. Each year, questions cover a wide range of topics including geography, history, music, literature and sport.
The Quiz begins with a knock-out stage at local level, organised by First Choice Credit Union to take place at St. Mary’s Hall, GMIT Mayo Campus, Castlebar on 31st January at 7.00pm. There will be some fantastic prizes for the winning teams-of-four, who will also progress to the regional knockout stage in early late February/early March.
The winning teams from the regional stage will then make it through to the Grand Final in April 2020. Here they will pitted in a nerve-wracking battle of the wits against a number of other formidable teams of four. Today FM DJ, Fergal D’Arcy, who was a huge hit at last year’s final, returns as Quizmaster this year. All teams will have their eye on the prize with a total of €4,000 up for grabs for the overall winning schools.
Date: Friday, 31st January 2020
Venue: St. Mary’s Hall, GMIT Mayo Campus, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
If for any reason you did not receive your pack, please do contact us on 094 9022969 or via email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can download the entry form by click below:
Closing date for entries: Wednesday 22nd February
About the All-Ireland Schools’ Quiz
The quiz is divided into two sections; Competition A for children up to 11 years and Competition B for children between 11 and 13 years. The winning teams at the national finals will receive €1,250 per school, with the runner up teams in each category receiving €750 for their schools, adding up to a fantastic prize fund of €4,000. Local and regional winners will also receive a range of prizes.
- Local quiz winners go through to the regional final, and the regional winners and runners-up will compete for the national titles on 5th April 2020.
- Local winners will receive prizes from First Choice Credit Union.
- Regional winners will also receive prizes and their schools will receive cheques or a cash prize.
- The national winners and runners-up receive a silver salver, significant personal prizes for each team, and their schools are each awarded a substantial cheque.
- Every team competing receives a special certificate marking their achievement.