Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process

We at First Choice Credit Union Ltd. understand that meeting mortgage repayments can be challenging. If you have missed a mortgage repayment or fear that you may miss a repayment in the near future, please contact a member of our Arrears Support Unit (094 9022969). We will work with you to try to identify a way to help you meet your financial commitments.


We have introduced a four-step process called our Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP). Please ask a member of our Team for a copy of our MARP information booklet or download a copy here: Download FCCU MARP Information Booklet. Our MARP booklet aims to find a resolution for our members in arrears or who may be at risk of going into arrears.


When you contact us, we will ask you to complete a Standard Financial Statement (SFS), this is designed to provide us with an oversight of your current finances and we will use the information to fully assess your situation. To assist you in completing the SFS the Central Bank of Ireland have published a ‘Consumer Guide to Completing a Standard Financial Statement’. A copy of our Standard Financial Statement (SFS) can be downloaded here: FCCU – Standard Financial Statement.


Once we have assessed your particular situation we will discuss a number of options to assist you meet your financial commitments.


Helpful Contacts:

  • Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)

MABS ( offers free and confidential independent advice and assistance with managing your finances.

You may wish to seek assistance from Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)

Telephone 0761 07 2000.

A website – is provided by the Citizens Information Board and the Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS).  This website aims to provide comprehensive information on the services and entitlements available to mortgage borrowers who may be experiencing difficulties making mortgage repayments.

  • Insolvency Service of Ireland                      

Under the Personal Insolvency Act 2012, you have the right to consult with a Personal Insolvency Practitioner. For more information please refer to their website at